Tuesday, February 28, 2012

lucky girl.

I honestly love K so much. I am so lucky to have such a good roommate. As much as we chirp and joke about completely inappropriate things, he actually cares. All week he's been like I hope you don't have AIDS and I'm like I don't have AIDS. He's like you might, you're a bit of a slut. And I just laughed. But right before I went to the doctor he's like you're probably not going to like what he has to say. He's going to tell you to completely shut it down and just rest for a week (which is what doctors usually say for a cold and why I didn't go to the doctor at first because I hate when people waste healthcare money for a common cold. Suck it up). But I haven't been this sick for this long in years so I finally knew I had to go. And we were discussing what it might be. And he's like for how long you've been sick, you'd think it's mono. But I don't have symptoms of mono so it couldn't be that. My throat has hurt but it couldn't be strep because I know how that feels and it wasn't it.
When I got home from the doctor I was like "I DON'T HAVE AIDS". And he just started laughing, he's like nope but you have a prescription bag so you have some sort of disease and starts chirping about how disgusting I am blah blah. But overall he's actually really good to me when I'm sick. He lets me watch whatever the fuck I want to watch. He actually like turns on and turns off lights that are bothering me, shuts doors, does the dishes more.
Today I never went to class at all because neither are overly important and I probably didn't miss a thing. But I rested all day and have legitimately done nothing but sleep and rest. And he just left again and I was like Mom gave me a lecture last night about how if I'm not better after my antibiotics are done I have to go back to the doctor because sinus infections can get into your brain and cause serious damage (I have no idea if that's true) and he's like yeah well you need to start taking better care of yourself Miss Baker. Take some more drugs and feel better please.
I feel bad for him because I have been a very un-enjoyable person for almost a month now because of how sick I've been and he just takes it. And I appreciate that and all the little things he does to help without bitching at all.

No comments: