Friday, October 14, 2011

you find out who your friends are.

Seriously, the more that I deal with other people, the more time I want to spend alone. I am so flustered. I'm so tired of all these flaky people in my life. I am the person that's always there. You know, the Tracy Lawerence 'You Find Out Who Your Friends Are' friend. I'll give you an example: last night antelope hunter called me and he's like hey can you drive us to the bar? I'm like yep I'm just leaving the library I'll be there right away. So I get there and text him and wait then I call him. He's like oh yeah we're already there but I have a HUGE favour to ask. I'm like yeah okay, what's that? And he's like can you go to my house, go into my room and get my id and money out of my pants pocket and bring it to me. And I was like seriously? He's like yeah, if you don't want to I more than understand I'll just walk home. And I know I sound incredibly whipped but it was cold and I wouldn't have let him walk home so if I was going to go get him, I may as well take him his id and let him enjoy his night; so I did.
And I don't mind doing things like that for my friends. I mean, I care about them and the way I see it, that's what friends do. But I do get frustrated because I feel like I don't have any friends that would do that for me. I feel like I'm the rock in every one of my friendships, the dependable one. And I just want to find someone that's going to be there for me for once. Maybe that's selfish but I just want there to be a person willing to devote their everything to me for a change.

No comments: