Saturday, October 15, 2011

another night all alone.

I was going to go to tight and bright tonight. It's one of the main reasons I stayed home on thursday. But now I have no desire to go out at all. I don't feel great and I have tons of homework and I would rather just sit here with my tim's and do homework and hopefully K, got me The Help so I can watch it tonight.
I'm worried I have mono, daddy thinks it's strep. I have been so tired and achy lately and I've also been getting headaches (which I never get) and I have had a really sore throat. From what I've read, these are symptoms of mono. Today and yesterday I slept until after 11 and today I had a nap too. Like that's crazy for me. Usually like 7:30 am I'm wide awake. So I don't know what's going on but going out drinking, especially when I don't feel like it, isn't going to solve the problem.
I just wish I had a friend here that would be willing to stay home on a saturday night and study with me, you know? Like last night I was flustered because I really wanted to watch the entire pronghorns game and like in between the second and the third they started complaining about wanting to leave. And I was so frustrated because I go out with these people, I take them to the bar, etc. And they couldn't sit at a hockey game with me for two hours. Like honestly it was the fastest hockey game I've ever been to. At 8:30 ish we left and it was halfway through the third and that's insanely fast if you've ever been to a hockey game. I don't know, I struggled with this all last year too. I can't seem to find people in this town that are like me, people that are content to not drink alllll the time. I don't know if it's because they are like wheeu we're in university, we've never lived away from home, we're in kines or business, or what it is. It sucks though.
I think that's a huge part of why I went to Calgary so much last year. We would spend our days just studying and relaxing and then we'd go for supper with dad and go home and study more or watch a movie and go to bed. I miss being able to just stay home and not feel guilty about it. And that is a major benefit in a relationship. You can say, 'no we're just going to stay home tonight' and nobody judges you because you're not alone. ugh.

No comments: