Friday, March 25, 2011

goodbye to you, goodbye to everything that I knew.

My friends are really shifting right now. And I think it has more to do with me than with them. I've been best friends with phlg for like 8 years and I love her to death. We're just on really different pathways in life. I want really different things than a lot of my friends. And I'm really starting to notice which friends are supportive and which friends are upset with me because I want to do something with my life. I don't do drugs, I don't spend every weekend partying and I really don't like going to the bar. I like doing well in school and going to the gym and meeting new people that support me and like me for who I am and who I want to be instead of who I used to be. I'm just really over who I was in highschool. VL and I had this crazy chat at the library last night about who we were in highschool and all the things we wish we'd done differently. He's really starting to realize that his friends are going to change soon too.
There are so many people from RD that just don't realize that life in the real world is not RD. It's not a big drama fest of high school and the same people and the same problems. I don't want to be the same. I want to grow and change and be someone. I wish that some of the people there would realize their potential and get out before it's too late.

No comments: