Saturday, March 26, 2011

ever thine, ever mine, ever ours.

I'm unrealistic. I guess that's it. I have such a distorted view of reality. There are so many things in my life that I just want to be perfect. And I see everything in some ideal world of perfection. I have high expectations of myself and of others. I'll admit I'm often unreasonable-- especially when it comes to forgiving myself. I see things in a light of perfection. I plan everything and I map everything out so that I am in complete control. I see my life as some love story, some success story, some idealistic movie of my perfect world. So what do I do--lower my expectations and be unsatisfied with less than what I want and feel I deserve I've earned OR keep the view that my perfect world is attainable and be disappointed if it's not?

No comments: