Saturday, March 12, 2011

"the best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them." -hemingway

First impressions are funny. I think that a first impression can be really brutal and not show someone's character very well. I think first intuition is different. I think when you meet someone and immediately have a bad feeling, an "I-should-not-trust-this-person" feeling is different. Sometimes that trust can build but usually if you have a gut feeling that someone is a bad person, you're probably right. I know that some of my best friendships have been built with people that I really wasn't overly fond of and probably weren't overly fond of me when we met. I guess I'm just saying trust your guts, but don't rely on a first impression. Keep your guard up if you get a pit-of-the-stomach feeling, but give everybody another chance.

No comments: