Wednesday, October 19, 2011

stress.

I had such a shitty day today. Well, kinda. This morning I had my practicum at a high school and it was alright except we observed a dance class. Well, no offence but I don't want to teach dance. I took dance for years and taught when I did. And your teaching methods and classroom management is entirely different in an option versus a core academic class. Not sweet.
Then last night I sent out that project of readings for my class and today my prof emails me saying that if that is our project we are going to get an F. Now my reaction to this was WHAT THE FUCK. I was under the impression that we had permission to use these articles for our project (re: a girl in my group straight up told me she asked our prof if it was okay and she said yes). I don't have time to redo the project. So me being me I email my prof back telling her I will deal with the situation immediately and hussel my ass to school and b-line for her office. Luckily, she was there and we discussed where I wanted to go with these articles and that it was an entirely different direction and that I'd actually put a fair bit of thought into it and I'm thoroughly and genuinely  interested in it which is why I chose it as a discussion topic.
We cleared things up a bit and she gave me another book to look at as a source and recommended a few things to tweak our project to make it much better so I'm a little bit less stressed but now I know our presentation has to be absolutely incredible. Fuck. I hate group projects. They are such bullshit because people like me who get good grades and are control freaks end up doing the whole thing and shitheads tag along and ride on my grade or attempt to pull it down.

No comments: