Wednesday, September 21, 2011

thank you.

Last night I saw a picture from a birthday party of someone I used to know. I used to wat to be friends with those people so bad I was willing to give up everything about myself to be who they wanted me to be. And now, I have no idea why.
I cannot comprehend how or why I wanted to be that way. I don't know why I was willing to give up who I am to be like them or why I thought they were 'cool'. I was just looking at this picture thinking they are exactly the same as they were 5 years ago. They haven't moved forward in their lives. They still do the same things on weekends and they are still friends with most of the same people. They are not bettering themselves or educating themselves on what else there is in the world.
I'm just so happy I grew out of that phase. I am so happy that I didn't end up like that. That I pushed on to something better, that I saw that I'm worth more than that. I think that's why I hate RD. So many people that are there still are exactly the same as they always were. And I want to be dynamic and ever-changing. I want to be a better person every single day of my life. I want to impact the world in a positive way and I want to create change. I want to be better.

No comments: