Saturday, September 10, 2011

Flight 93 and one of the best girls I know.

I went to the library today haha felt good to be home. I also went to the gym.. super half-assed it but I haven't worked out in a bit so I didn't want to be hurting tomorrow. It was a pretty good day actually. I got my prescription and had some dinner and I was watching criminal minds and it just so happened that Flight 93 was on after and I wasn't paying attention and now I am recording it and completely intrigued. I forgot it was 10 years tomorrow. It's a pretty big thing if you think about it. Last year when we went to New York, we went to ground zero and I honestly can't put into words what the energy is like there. It's so intense how many innocent souls are just there and the church across the street has like a million memories and badges and photographs etc. It's just insane. 9 years later and it's not even close to being rebuilt. I'm a bit nervous for tomorrow to be perfectly honest. There are insane people out there that thrive of the idea of being remembered and tomorrow would be a brutal way to do that.
Tomorrow is also the 7 year anniversary of HJR's brother dying. I felt so bad today because she mentioned it and she doesn't know if she's gonna go to sask tomorrow and visit the spot. I tried to remind her that M is watching over her every day and that he will take care of her on her trip and that he knows she misses and loves him. She felt a bit better but I can't even imagine how hard that's gotta be. Like if one of my sisters died, it would legitimately be the death of me. I don't honestly think I would ever get over it. I wish I could give HJR a big hug and tell her how wonderful she is. She genuinely cares about people from the bottom of her heart and she is just a wonderful person. Tomorrow is close to her heart because her dad is a firefighter too. It's just crazy how interconnected this world is.
Anyways I can't take my eyes off this movie so I'll post later.

No comments: