Friday, January 3, 2014

Remember it at it's best.

It probably sounds silly and seems ridiculous but I'm okay with it. Today I bought these boxers and I thought of him when I did. And I'm probably going to think of him every single time I wear them. I'm okay with it though. Almost this exact pair of boxers were one of the first things of his that he let me borrow. And even after we broke up I had that pair for a very long time. This week has been hard because I'm geographically closer to him than I have been in months but I feel more disconnected than ever. Sometimes we need a change of perspective and that quote did that for me. It's okay for us to be broken now because I know how great we used to be. I have to stop trying to fix us though because we're broken. We've been broken for a very long time. These boxers are like a symbol for me. They help me remember when we weren't broken; when we were beautiful. And maybe that's the way I need to think about us. We were beautiful when we were whole and it was wonderful.  But we're broken now and that's okay because I will never forget how bright we used to shine together. We broke, our light went out and now we are a love buried deep in our souls and a memory buried deep in a sacred space in our hearts.

No comments: