Wednesday, October 24, 2012

You've never walked in my shoes, ever.

It bothers me because people think my life was so easy, that I am so put together and blah blah blah. You know what, just because I don't publicly speak about hardships I've encountered in my life, doesn't mean it's all rainbows and cupcakes. I choose not to show that part of me. Sure, my experiences have made me who I am, but I don't need you or anyone else's sympathy. I hate that look of pity in someone's eye when they find out something about you and it clicks a little bit why you might be the way you are. Most people have absolutely no idea who I am or what I've been through and I intend to keep it that way. It doesn't matter. Who I am is who I am and if you don't like it, feel free to leave because this is who I am and I deserve better than to change for you. Most people have no idea that I tried to commit suicide more than once when I was younger and I don't want them to know that. Only a few people know that part of me and only a few people need to. I am so unbelievably frustrated with the close-mindedness of our society it blows me away. You just don't know. We never know.

No comments: