Monday, October 22, 2012

they just don't make men like you.

Have you ever heard the song She Thinks She Needs Me by Andy Griggs? It has a whole lot of history for me but I honestly love it so much. It means the world to me because the day that I said it was my favourite song in grade 11, Sunshine learned how to play it. He never ended up playing it for me but I remember he told me he was trying to learn it and I asked why and he said because it's your favourite. I just love the entire concept of the song. And even though things didn't work for Sunshine and I, he will always have a special place in my heart. We were just too young for such a connection. That seems to be the biggest problem for me, I always fall into these relationships where I connect so deeply with someone but we are too young for that kind of relationship, too young for that kind of love. Maybe it's because I am too wise for my years, I have an old soul. Maybe it's because I am too young to really believe, to trust, to allow myself to go there. Or maybe I have never found a boy mature enough to really go there with me. Is love like that real? Is a connection like that possible?

"She thinks I walk on water, she thinks I hung the moon.
She tells me every morning, they just don't make men like you.
She thinks I've got it together, she swears I'm as tough as nails,
but I don't have the heart to tell her, she don't know me that well:
She don't know how much I need her, she don't know I'd fall apart
without her kiss, without her touch, without her faithful loving arms.
She don't know it's all about her, she don't know I can't live without her.
She's my world, she's my everything and
she thinks she needs me."

No comments: