Wednesday, October 24, 2012

you look like bad news, I gotta have you.

I think I am prone to fall for boys I cannot have. I am falling for a boy in my class. He is so comfortable in who he is. He is everything I would normally be attracted to: he dresses well, he is good-looking, he's an athlete, he's got just enough cocky. Only he is absolutely nothing I would ever see myself with. He's brilliant. He is kind and he is down to earth. He's open-minded. He wears a leather jacket, he chews. He's going to be a teacher, a great one. He is just the complete opposite of what who I have always seen in my future.
He comes from an interesting family. He's worked with handicapped kids. His brother has some sort of mental something (I think). His dad is gay. All of these things just completely blow my mind because he is everything I have always been attracted to yet the complete opposite of all of them.
He treats me differently though. He is kind. And most of all, I laugh again. Every time I see him, or talk to him, I laugh.
It's funny, and it sounds absolutely ridiculous, but we have a connection; when I look into his eyes. It is insane, we make eye contact from across the room and I literally melt a little. I'm paralysed and I'm giddy like when I was eight years old. I find myself smiling or giggling. It's actually embarrassing.
He's different, but of course, he's got a girlfriend.

No comments: