Saturday, June 14, 2014

You've got to have a little faith to fall back on.

I have been thinking a lot in the last few days about the J situation. I do have feelings for him and I'm okay with that. But the more that I think about it, the more open to just letting things work themselves out I am.
I don't know if it's the experience of everything with number 12 or just maturing with age and life experience but I used to be convinced that number twelve was the one for me. And I think that has been the most important part of J coming into my life is to teach me. I have already learned so much from him. I have learned about myself and my value. I've also learned about the kind of things I deserve in life. I've learned about the type of man that I want to spend my life with. I think that is probably the most important thing he's taught me, that the type of man I want to marry does exist.
So often I am told my expectations are too high and I'm too picky and blah blah. Well I don't feel like the person you spend the rest of your life with should be a "sale item" or "compromise". If I intend to spend the rest of my life with someone, he better be top-of-the-line; the type that epitomizes quality.

No comments: