Friday, June 27, 2014

June 26.

So yesterday was a very interesting day. I got up at 6 and drove Dad to the airport because his flight left at 7. Then I went to the gym right after which was really good because it was so slow! I came home and showered and went to work. On the way I stopped and got a list of things that CG and I brainstormed that would be funny for J's birthday present. We got him socks because he loves socks and he was complaining that he bought his brother T and his wife really nice birthday gifts and they bought him socks hahaha. We also got him a supply of mints (a mint buffet if you will) because he always complains that none of his mints are strong enough. I literally picked one of each of the packages of mints and put them in the bag. We also got him a bath and body thing with epsom salts and a loofa. At Christmas, K (who is IN LOVE with him) bought him this gift basket of bath and body stuff and he was like wtf why did you buy me this? And we also got him a gift certificate for 5 possible restaurants he would NEVER go to. It turned out being HILARIOUS because he actually loved it. He thought it was really sweet that we thought of all of those things and he actually liked all of them except the epsom salts. The gift certificate was especially funny because he ended up LOVING one of the restaurants that you can use the gift certificate at. We specifically chose it because we were like he is way to pretentious to eat at any of these places whatsoever and then he was like I LOVE SWISS CHALET!
The bartender had decorated the office for him too which was also incredibly funny because at 3am while he was canoodling with a lady friend, the alarm company phoned him and said there was a motion detector set off in the office. So he left and went to work to find a popped ballon and his decorated office at 3am!
Then we had talked about me hanging out with Duke but kind of forgot. So I texted him and I was like hey can I still come see him or do you just want some alone time for your birthday this afternoon because I know how much he values that. And he was like No come over!!
So I went to his house expecting him to give me Duke and he came with me for a walk. It was really nice actually we just went for a walk along Fish Creek because he lives SO CLOSE to it. Then, because I am incredibly graceful, we were playing fetch with Duke and I was trying to wrestle the stick out of Duke's mouth and when I got it, I went to throw it only Duke's leash was between my legs so when I threw it, he bolted and took me out completely and J just laughed so hard at me. It actually cut my leg pretty good and currently is searing with pain. After J saw it he was like oh my gosh are you actually okay? It was quite funny though.
Then we went back to work and it was so dead so I left at like 6:30 and I'm like bye enjoy the rest of your night, Happy Birthday. But he kept texting CG and I while we were having wine then we ended up going to his house for more wine. We watched world cup and just basked and played with Duke and then I stayed there.
I think what I enjoyed most about the day is that he chose to spend his time off on his birthday with me. He wanted me to come over between shifts and he wanted us to come for wine last night. CG called him and was like we need you to pick us up last night while we were driving there just for fun and he's like okay I'm on my way! And when I asked if he wanted some time alone he was like Come over! And then he came for a walk with me. It was just kind of nice to see a different side of him like that.

No comments: