Sunday, March 4, 2012

it's funny how time passing by can change your perspective.

I seriously have the most adorable niece in life. This morning her dad sneezes so she goes, "Okay??!" and he responds, "Yes". So her mom asks her, "did you have a good sleep"? And mouse responds, "Shhhhh. Still sleeping".
What a funny kid hahahahah like mom shh I'm still sleeping.
I can't believe she will be 2 on Tuesday. She's getting so old. I remember when she was born and it seems so silly because it's like when your parents, siblings, grandparents, relatives tell you, "you know, I remember when you were born and I could hold you in my hand and blah blah blah". But I'm that person now. I remember laying with her and she'd sleep on my chest for hours. The first summer she was born I worked at 6am almost every day. And it sucked because I basically had to decide between seeing my baby niece or seeing number twelve. So I tried to switch it up but it was hard because I wanted to see both of them and usually mouse was sleeping so I'd nap. And often I'd help number 12 make his lunch for work or we'd nap too.
I just can't believe it's been two years since all this happened. I mean I remember the moment I got the phone call she was born. I was half cut in the residence at U of L in a beer pong tournament. In the morning I got up,   and I left at like 9am. I got a coffee, followed a cop from Fort Macleod to Claresholm, stopped for gas in Claresholm and made it to RD by 11:30 quarter to 12. That is probably the fastest I've ever driven, ever. And I couldn't even see her. She was in the special neonatal nursery, only her parents could hold her and we just had to look at her tiny little body. She was so small. Yet so incredibly beautiful.

No comments: