Monday, December 12, 2011

I have a name.

ARE YOU READY FOR MY RANT???
Alright, I get that you know who I am and we are friends because I dated your little brother for three years. I understand that and I can appreciate that. But him and I have not been together for over a year, almost a year and a half in fact and you STILL introduce me as your little brother's ex-girlfriend EVERY time. It drives me bonkers. Like I am a real person, I have a real name. I don't even talk to your brother anymore but you and I still hang out. Would it kill you to acknowledge me as B, or your friend B or anything other than "This is my little brother or number twelve's ex-girlfriend, B". Why can't you skip out the first part and just say, "this is B". I just don't understand.
And I'd love to say something only I know you will take offense to it as though I don't like being referred to as his ex-girlfriend because I'm ashamed or embarrassed or something but it's not that at all. I just want to have my own name and not have everyone in the world just immediately go "oh this girl is off limits because she is NC's little brother's ex-girlfriend and since they still hang out they must be friends/no hard feelings or possess the possibility to get back together". It seems silly but it'd just be nice to be acknowledged as my own person. It's almost like she doesn't want me to find any other person on earth with the comments she makes. I just do not understand.

No comments: