Sunday, December 11, 2011

11 years.

December sucks so much for my family. Both of my grandparents died in December: December2, and December 11. It's always so hard because we had such a great Christmas routine. I honestly loved my grandparents so much. We were really close, we used to go there like every weekend we were with my daddy.
I would get up in the morning so early and have breakfast and play board games with my nana until everyone else woke up. She would have us white bread and fruit punch juice and the cereal and ice cream treats we liked all ready for us and she would often make us some sort of dessert, like jell-o or chocolate pie haha.
My grandpa would play puzzles with us, that was his thing. Or we'd watch Reba McEntire together. When there was hockey games on, the entire family would wath it together. Only we shut off the tv sound and listened to the radio broadcast instead. I'm not really sure why, it was just their thing. We'd always put on performances for them. Nana would take us shopping and then we'd have to have a fashion show when we got home.
Poppa would give us money all the time. Even if it was just for a new barbie. But he always wanted us to have the best of everything and never be wanting. We were so lucky. We'd lay in the hammock in the backyard or walk to the park or IGA. It seems so silly but it was the little things that really mattered.

Love you and miss you every day Nana and Poppa. I cannot believe it's been 11 years since I lost my Nana, but I can assure you I love and miss her every day.

No comments: