Wednesday, February 24, 2010

when the dog bites

i remember a few years back we went on a trip to vancouver. we stayed at my aunt's place and it's right on the water. i finally let her in. and knowing me and my trust issues, that was a huge step. every night we would go sit on the rocks between the water and the seawall and just talk. about anything and everything.
i remember her telling me she couldn't see herself growing old. she couldn't see herself getting married or having kids. she never knew what she wanted to do with her life because she just couldn't see a long one.
that scared me. a lot. mostly because i couldn't see it either. i always had this bad feeling that it just wouldn't last as long as i wanted it to. i wouldn't grow old with my best friend. when the song who you'd be today came out, by kenny chesney it had a really crazy impact on me. it scared me because it was all around the same time. somehow, that doesn't seem coincidental.

No comments: