Thursday, November 5, 2015

What is it with me?

I'm frustrated today. Or sad. Or something. I don't know. I get down on myself sometimes. I know that I have a lot to offer the world and not in a cocky way but I know that I have strengths. Don't get me wrong, I'm also very aware that I have weaknesses. I am the type of person that does things whole heartedly. When I decide I'm in, I'm all in. It may take me 2 years to decide I'm all in, but when I do analyze every possible outcome, I'm all in.
I feel frustrated that I'm single. And I know that's stupid. There are so many cliches I could list right now it's not even funny. I just haven't found the right person, it's not the right time, I'm too independent, I'm too busy, etc. But eventually I just get pissed off. I do have a lot to offer the world so what's the deal. Why does everyone else find someone? How come everyone else gets love?
Realistically, I haven't been in a relationship in years. Years. 5 years. I know I wasn't ready for the longest time and that's okay. But what gives now? I don't understand.
I am a good person. I love unconditionally. I work hard. I'm smart and motivated and funny. I take care of my body by eating healthy and working out. I cook. I've got an education and a job. I'm attractive. I genuinely care about others and their well-being, sometimes to a fault. Altruism surrounds my core. So what is it? What is wrong with me? How come men don't want to be with me? How come I'm always alone? How do I drive people away?
Sure, I'm overly analytical. I'm incredibly awkward when I'm interested in someone. I can be overwhelming. I'm too sensitive sometimes and I'm often too critical of others. I'm definitely too critical of myself. I can be harsh and judgemental and I don't handle laziness or incompetence well. I work myself to the point of exhaustion and then usually need significant time to regenerate. I'm miserable when I'm hungry. I'm a poor sleeper. I'm selfish sometimes and I overstep my boundaries, but my heart is always in the right place.  I am a terribly embarrassing drunk and I'm immature sometimes.
I could write a list of my strengths and weaknesses for hours. But the thing is, we all have them. We all have things we like about ourselves, things we're proud of and things we're not so proud of. I have made my fair share of mistakes, I still do; every day. So how come everyone else can find someone? How come everybody else has somebody to love them back? It's not fair that I have to be alone. I know, life's not fair. As I sit here, fighting the tears in the corners of my eyes I just want to know what is wrong with me? What is it? What is the reason men don't want to be with me? Even for the people who aren't married and go through break-ups, they have someone; at least for a little while. Nobody has wanted to be with me for over 5 years. What does that say about me as a person? Please, somebody tell me what is wrong with me because I'll fix it. Or I'll try. I really don't want to be alone forever.

No comments: