Thursday, November 5, 2015

Give credit where credit is due.

I'm really hard on him. And I know why I do it, because I expect more from him. I expect him to be willing to do for me the things I would do for him. But I forget that he is. He is willing to be there for me when I need him to be. I try to balance him as my friend and my boss and my extraneous feelings. But he deserves more credit than that. Any time that I tell him what I need from him, he's there: whole-heartedly. 
Tonight I asked him if I could take his dog and he told me he probably couldn't go far but to come anyway. So I did and Duke went for like 5 minutes before turning around. Then I sat and talked to him for almost 2 hours. He asked what was up and finally after an hour I started talking about it a bit. He reminded me that he couldn't do what I do and that I care. He's good at telling me funny things and getting my mind back to normal. He has proved he's there and I should give him credit for that. 

No comments: