Monday, September 1, 2014

I find solace in him.

Last week we found out that mom was basically palliative and I didn't find out until I was at work. After I had spent 2 days at the hospital with her then heard that news I was, not surprisingly, in a less than peachy mood. J knew something was up but it was clearly the middle of revenue and we were kind of busy. So I'm standing at the posi and he smacked my arm so hard. Like he wound up and whacked it open-palm right on my shoulder. I'm like what was that for? He's like I just wanted to. I'm like oh well that's nice thanks. He's like well actually, I'm really jealous of your shoulders. I was like my shoulders? He's like you have such nice definition of your shoulders. In my head I was like what a weird compliment but I was just like uhh thanks I think. 
Before he left he kind of called me into his office and was like are you okay? I just said no. He's like okay well come talk about it. So we talked in his office about his mom and my mom and we had a really good conversation about things. He really opened up. 
After I left that night I found out that my sister called him. She asked him to take care of me and make sure I was okay. I texted him and I was like you're such a brat! Why didn't you tell me? Him and I spoke afterwards and he was even more open and he repeatedly told me he's here for me and he understands better than anyone. 
He has a point and I find solace in the fact that he has recently gone through a similar experience because he can understand it. 

No comments: