Wednesday, April 23, 2014

We have to start building each other up.

Women are beautiful. I genuinely believe that. Humans are beautiful too, but women are usually hardest on women. I can be an incredibly negative human being. I judge others, especially women without knowing anything about them. I attribute that partially to my inherent desire for perfection. I can tell you absolutely everything that is wrong with me as an individual. I try not to show others my flaws, but I am absolutely more than aware of them myself. I notice other's flaws yet, I don't judge them the way that I judge myself. I think that is sometimes why I am so critical of other women, because I am so good at judging myself.
Lately, I have caught myself doing this. And I've decided that I don't want to be that type of person anymore. I want to be the type of woman that builds other women up. I want to be the type of woman that other women look up to. I want to be the type of woman that sees the absolute beauty in every other woman, and tells her so.
We all have flaws, every single one of us. But I think, we, as women need to start building up other women instead of tearing them down. It is so easy to tear other women down without even realizing our impact.
I want to be strong enough to say, "that woman is beautiful" when someone else is saying, "look at her hair" or eyes, or teeth or anything else they might criticize. I want to train myself to choose to see a woman's beautiful eyes, or smile, or curves.

No comments: