Thursday, April 24, 2014

How did I get here.

I'll be honest, I'm a little bit overwhelmed with the idea that I have completed university. I mean you go to school for 13 years and all the while you are thinking about how wonderful it will be to graduate high school. Then you hit high school and all you can think about is -- you've guessed it, more school; university here I come. Then you spend 2-4+ years at an institution broadening your mind and training for future employment. 5 years and two degrees later, it's over and all I can think to myself is... now what?
For 19 of my last 22 years I have been attending some sort of educational institution. Now it's just over. So what exactly am I supposed to do next? Sure, I've applied for jobs to teach and I'm looking forward to it, but I'm currently serving because I need to have some sort of income in the mean time. So now I'm working for minimum wage plus tips with 2 university degrees and I have absolutely no idea how I ended up here. Now I'm thinking about a new vehicle and a place to live and finding someone to settle down with.
How the fucking fuck did I get here? Less than 6 months ago I was partying my life away at university, working so I could afford to party and having a blast doing it. None of those "adult" things you're supposed to be thinking about even really crossed my mind. But now, they're all here, knocking on the side of my brain every time I have a chance to think.

No comments: