Monday, May 13, 2013

No words.

It breaks my heart that he never responded. He never said anything. I'd be lying if I said it hasn't been bothering me. I supposed I just expected some sort of response, something, anything.
I have not received one. It's been 12 days. He said thank you for his birthday wishes, that's all.
I suppose I don't understand because I know that he loves me. I cannot explain that in any other way than I just know that he does. And I am grateful for the love we have for one another.
At the end of the day, I cannot forget that love, alone is never enough. It simply is not enough. I would be naive to believe that love solves everything. We all want to believe that, I think. But it's a fallacy. Love can only bind souls. It cannot make relationships work, or build marriages or lives together. It binds souls.
I suppose the hardest part of my life is that even now, after everything, I still genuinely believe that is the boy I'm going to marry. I don't need someone to explain the naivety of the idea. I cannot explain my belief in him. My belief in us.

No comments: