Friday, October 19, 2012

just be healthy, take care of you.

There is this girl and she, in my opinion, has an eating disorder. She lives with JP and she is seriously like obsessed with 'fitness'. But the girl is probably a size 0 or 2 and talks about her need to lose weight. I've been through an eating disorder, like I know one when I see one. She posts on instagram allllll the time about all the healthy shit she is eating and doing etc. Like the other day she posted a picture of broccoli, chicken and sweet potatoes and said "last cheat meal". I hate to break it to you sweetheart, but if you think that is a cheat mean, you are anorexic. Like that it a good healthy meal, not a 'cheat meal'. A cheat meal is different for everyone but it means like pasta, or ice cream or whatever you really like to have but isn't overly good for you. Broccoli, Chicken and Sweet Potatoes are all really good for you. And yeah I guess it's a cheat meal if you have gigantic portions but your cheat meal shouldn't be gigantic portions. That is one of the biggest problems with obesity in Canada and the United States. We have no idea how to control portion size. Like we get a PROPERLY portioned meal and everyone is like uhh where's the rest of it. You aren't supposed to eat that much at a time, it's not good for you and your body cannot process it. It's the same with why binge drinking or drugs are bad for you. Having a glass of wine every day is not going to kill your liver. Having 3 bottles of wine every Friday and Saturday night will.
I posted a picture on instagram of my post-gym snack and protein shake to see if she would catch on. Nope she thinks that it's great and likely thinks I am copying her. Well sweetheart, here's the difference, I don't need to post every meal or every time I go to the gym because I do it for myself not for somebody else. And that's a serious difference. I like going to the gym, I feel good. And yes, some days it's hard because I would love to just lay on my lazy ass and do nothing, and sometimes that's okay but most of the time, I convince myself to go because I know how much better I will feel. I'm more energized, I sleep better. To me, especially as a busy student, these things are important. I don't have all the extra time in the world and some days that means I only get a half hour bike ride but that half hour releases so much stress and I feel a world of difference.
Eating healthy, it can seriously change your life. I don't care if you are fat or skinny or you like chocolate. I am not skinny. I am self-conscious and you know what I DO love chocolate. I love to eat things that are bad for me. But I really try to keep it in moderation. Like I have fruit popsicles that are tasty as fuck. I love them. I used to eat a fair amount of fast food and I can't anymore. I stopped and now it makes me sick, even when I'm hungover. My body is not used to processing that.
I'm not saying everyone needs to be thin. I think some of the most beautiful girls are what the media would call "plus sized". I think it's gross to be anorexic skinny. But it's YOUR body and the most important part is that you take care of it because it can change your life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ιt's appropriate time to make a few plans for the future and it's
timе to bе haρpy. I have геаd thіѕ ѕubmit anԁ if I may just I wish to reсommеnd yοu fеw intеrеstіng іsѕues οr tiρѕ.
Perhaps you could wrіte nеxt articles regarding this аrticle.

Ι want to гead eѵеn more things about it!
My web-site ... http://loansforbadcredit52.co.uk/