Friday, August 7, 2015

It didn't have to be this way.

Your emotional polarity is exhausting. I never know which side of you I'm going to get. For a year and a half I've been playing along with your incessant mind games and it's not fair to me. I lack complete understanding of what you want from me because it changes every 30 seconds. It's a game to you and l am not a game. Even in the last week, you couldn't just ask why I was upset with you. You had to be more stubborn, you couldn't concede that you might actually not be perfect.  Cool, your prize is losing someone who genuinely cares about you.  
I'm grateful for what you've done for me. You taught me to value myself but unfortunately for you by doing so it's going to cost you me because I don't feel valued by you at all. I deserve to be valued. I am a good person, in fact a great person with such a multitude to offer the world and I have done nothing but try to be here for you the entire time. I've tried to absorb your mood swings and adjust my actions to your emotions on any given day.  I was too stupid to even realize how much you were using me and playing with my head. I recognize it's partially my fault for being so naive and giving too much and rationalizing your behaviour every single time. That stops now. I have enabled your behaviour for too long. I will do my job and the required responsibilities that accompany it. Stroking your ego is not in my job description. It really sucks because I would've done anything for you but you took advantage of that so polite cordiality is the extent of this relationship. 


This is the draft of writing I've written to him to explain myself. Not that he deserves an explanation but I need to release it. I don't know when or if I'll send it but I need to formulate my words because I want him to understand how much he hurt me for no reason at all. It didn't have to be this way. 

No comments: