Thursday, August 6, 2015

Awkward.

It's so awkward. We are so awkward. Today he came back to get something and literally walked in the front door as I was walking by and I didn't say anything. So neither did he. It was so awkward. I walked away to do something and passed him twice and he just got his stuff and left. 
It kills me he hasn't asked what's wrong or why I'm upset with him. But I think he knows it kills me and that's why he hasn't. He's stubborn. He likes to win and to be in control. I would bet he thinks I'll be over it in a few days and we'lol be back to normal. But it can't be like that this time. I can't let it. I have to be strong. It's devastating. It's heartbreaking. I hate it. I miss Duke. I miss our stupid jokes. I miss it all. 
Tonight the only words I spoke to him were, "may I get a latte with baileys?" And "thanks".  That's it. That's where we are. I despise it. 

No comments: