Saturday, April 18, 2015

Friendship.

This morning we watched the soccer game. It was a terrible game but it was nice to hang out. I haven't seen him for like a month.
He is so incredibly different when it's just us. This morning we were just laughing and chatting and watching the game. I played with Duke and I brought him a coffee. I was late because my trip to Starbuck's was an experience and he's like I was just about to make a coffee and cross you off my list. He's like never go to that mall, it's the worst. Every time I go there, something ridiculous happens or the people are like wearing stained clothes, etc.
Yesterday at their pub, someone got puked on. I can't even imagine. Like opening the door of a bathroom and someone pukes on you! DISGUSTING.
I like spending time like that because he's so different. We just talk about whatever and his guard is completely down. This morning we talked about everything from work to weddings to sex to family to school to so many other things and soccer, of course.
It sucks his grandma died, I'm glad it was his dad's not his mom's though. I think that would've been way tougher on him. He's going to Toronto on Monday and I  might get Duke. I'd love if he let me have a few days with Duke. He's so cute and it would fill my wanting a pet quota, I'm sure.
It sucks that he has to see his dad, I know he's dreading it.
I think sometimes I worry whether he puts our work relationship first or our friendship. And today, I realized that he thinks of me a friend before an employee. He was telling me about his cleaning lady and he's like ugh I hate when people text me at like 12:30 at night about stupid stuff that I don't care about or early in the morning. Like I'm clearly sleeping in the morning. He's like I mean I pay you, shouldn't there be some sort of professionalism there?
And I immediately was like sorry for texting you so late last night. He's like no, no not you. You know I'm awake, it's different.
I think that's part of why I find things tough with him sometimes. I think I stand above a lot of people in his eyes. He's a very kind hearted individual and I think my own over-analysis of everything ruins a lot of what we could have. He is kind and he cares about me. He treats me well, he values me, he respects me.
That should be enough for me.

No comments: