Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Happiness is a condition, enjoy it while it lasts.

I feel good, happy. I have zero motivation in school which is a bit of a problem but I'll make it work, I always do.
I think I've finally found some people that build me up instead of tear me down. I thoroughly enjoyed last night with MV and TT. I always enjoy TT and MV and I have always gotten along. I suppose I just thing TT is similar to me. I like her mind. She can have in depth real conversations.
MV is a whole other story. He is just a kind, good guy. He is the boy you want to marry because you know he will always take care of you. I think last night I saw the real MV. I have always had some insight into his heart because he trusted me enough to show me but last night was another level.
Sometimes he comes off as a really big asshole, especially since he came home from Thailand. I attribute it to how much he's been around JD. I think it would be better for MV to realize that he should be the one setting the example and not following JD's example. Mostly, I just think he's like everyone else, struggling to find his place in the world, especially after graduating from University last spring. I think that puts you in a very tough position. I mean, what are you supposed to do when you graduate. Everyone tells you from when you're little that after high school you go to university but that's easy it's school to school. How are you supposed to transition to real life, to a job, a mortgage, a family?
No one prepares you for life's transitions. I think that's something missing. I don't think we should be educating students in geometry and algebra... We should be teaching them how to do taxes and how a mortgage works. We should teach them qualities of good relationships, hard work, communication, compromise.
I think sometimes it's hard to figure out who you are. I know it's hard to figure out who I am. But I realize that I'm happiest when I'm just with my friends and I let myself do fun things. Obligation will destroy you if you let it. So choose to be happy, Choose to have fun. Choose to stay up too late, to sleep in, to laugh and eat too much sugar and drink incredible wine. Choose to love yourself and your life and all the wonderful people in it.

No comments: