Saturday, February 16, 2013

Hard day. We love you buddy.

What a week. Yesterday was the hardest day I have had in a very long time. As I pulled up, 45 minutes before the funeral started, it was packed. There was a line a mile long outside the church. I saw JE, CE's mom and CS who is ME's ex-girlfriend. She gave me a hug and was crying and spoke to me and I started crying because watching her and being around her was hell. KW was like her other son, I mean AE and KW were inseparable.
We were standing inside the church waiting for the boys, and she mentioned that there was five. I was confused, who are the five because JB was already with us. I figured ME and CE and JB maybe, and GU was there and of course, number twelve. When he walked in, I froze. My stomach dropped and my heart stopped, my knees began to shake. CS and ME have been broken up for about a year, but she loves him still and I think he still has feelings for her he just likes being 19 and single, which I understand.
The hardest part of the funeral was at the end, when KW's uncles got up and spoke about him and then his real dad. His read dad stands up and says, "I was K's father, but D was his dad" D dropped and started bawling, it was horrible. His dad continued to discuss that he broke K's mom's heart and he wasn't man enough to stay around and talked about how lucky K was to have N as a mom and D as a dad. He discussed how good of a man K was, how his smile lighted up the room and he made everyone feel comfortable, and happy and laugh. He also said that K was more of a man at 17 than he'd ever be.
Another part that was really hard was during the tribute, there was a photo of all the boys from ME's grad about two years ago. All the boys had lost it at that point, CE hadn't cried until that moment. And it was heartbreaking.
Afterwards it was insane we went outside and I gave all the boys a hug. When I saw AE he honestly hugged me so tight and I wish I could have held that poor kid for hours. ME gave me a hug and it was terribly hard for him too.  CE gave me a hug and he was grateful that I came. KE came and he hugged JE which was mind-blowing and then he hugged me and I was speechless.

No comments: