Friday, December 18, 2009

wailea.

i remember the first year he went. i was devastated. i changed my orthodentist appointment and he came to the school strictly to see me before he left. i swear his mother was going to kill him because he was going to be late. we've done that many times, rearranged our schedules and gone out of our way so we could see one another before a trip. i remember sitting in ireland's biology classroom waiting for class to start and my phone went off. i was like ahh okay be stealth. and i looked at my phone and i remember jc being like what, what is it? and my face had lit up. i couldn't believe it. he was laying on the beach in maui having a beer thinking of me. i remember being so upset because i had to go from speaking to him from 6am when he went to building opportunities until 1 or 2 am when we decided we should probably get some sleep. when i got that text message, we spoke non-stop through my classes and throughout all of holidays; only taking breaks when he was going in the water. i remember him saying merry christmas, and going golfing with maroon 5, meeting alice cooper. telling me about v and t. the entire time, he told me what he was doing and asked what i was doing. i think it was those three months we were closest; or at least, we talked the most. we had merry christmas twice and mele kalikimaka twice because of the time difference; same with new years. i think it was that moment; the moment i read that text message, that i fell in love with him.

No comments: