Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Let it ruminate a little.

I finally told him I was hurt. I am terrible for that, voicing my feelings. I know it's something I have to work on and I'm trying to. I'm making progress. I told him that I was hurt that he knew I was going through all of this and he never asked how I was or if I was okay, not even once in the last 6 months. It's been my version of hell and he's made no effort to see how I'm doing. He made a comment about him being a bad friend awhile back and I told him, I don't think that he's a bad friend because anytime I've ever asked for something, he's been there. But I was absolutely hurt by the fact that he knew I was going through something so heavy and he never asked if I was ok. Not even once. He hasn't asked about it until last night and I told him in March. It hurt because it felt like he didn't care. I said that may not be the case, but that's the way I felt. I was very cognizant of the words I chose and to make it not be an attack but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hurt.
He said he didn't really have much to reply with. So, I left it alone for him to think about. My feelings are not invalid and I'm not being dramatic or ridiculous and he is entitled to feel that way if he thinks that and have his own perception, but it's not okay for him to disregard how I feel.

No comments: