Friday, August 5, 2016

How lucky am I to have found such great loves.

I love you. And I think I have since very early in our relationship. Within a few weeks I was absolutely captivated. It was everything is ever hoped for. You were everything I needed at the time. And I fell so hard into love with you. And I think as I age I'm starting to understand that it's okay to have loves like that. Great loves.  I've had 2 like this and another love that was different, but still great. I have to move on though. I've been saying it for so long but the truth has been piercing me so relentlessly that I know what I have to do. I will always be in some sort of love with you. But I have to walk away. Unrequited love is the most difficult, at least, it's the most difficult to endure interacting with someone. When you love someone and you know they love you, it can be difficult, but it's better than nothing at all. This isn't like that. Unrequited love isn't like that. Unrequited love chips at you. It fractures your heart with every smile at someone else, every moment you fail to share, every victory and every defeat, every laugh and joke and witty remark is just another fracture. It's all the reasons I fell in love with you and all the reasons I know you don't love me. And that's okay. I'd rather love deeply and unconditionally and alone than not love at all.   

No comments: