Saturday, June 6, 2015

Fate.

I was just walking Duke and I met J's best friend S's mom. It was funny actually. She stopped and said, is that Duke? And I said yes. She's like oh amazing, him and Gilly are best friends! My daughter is best friends with J. And I said oh, is S your daughter? Yes!
So I am talking to this lady while Duke and Gilly are walking and playing and then she walks with me. She was so nice and started to tell me all of these things about J and S and how they've never been romantic but she always wished they were because she just adores J. She told me about business plans and such that they had and she was so open and honest. She told me that J and S have been friends since the 4th grade and how they went traveling together.
I like that people feel that way with me and I love hearing about J from other people. I love when someone else tells me things he doesn't. I have started to learn that he doesn't hide things, he just doesn't share things as freely as others. I get it too because I know, to a certain degree, what he's been through and he certainly has a lot to lose.
I still think that as lovely as it would be to have his money at his age, I think it would be tough. I think it's difficult because I mean I cannot imagine wondering if someone had ulterior motives every time I interacted with them. I cannot imagine how it would feel to have to think about that. And unfortunately him and T have such good hearts that they are often taken advantage of. T probably less that J because J is just so unbelievably kind-hearted.


No comments: