Friday, December 26, 2014

All about principle today.

The other day was really an endearing moment for me. My sister said something about her kids wanting Ipads for Christmas when I asked what was on their lists. I was standing beside J when I got the message and I said out loud, "I don't even like you... why would I buy your child an Ipad?" He thought it was hilarious and thought I should say that to her...brat. But he said, "don't you get frustrated with that kind of stuff... Just because I'm single doesn't mean I should have to spend 4 times as much on you because there's 4 of you and 1 of me. Like Duke's birthday is coming and he'd fancy a brand new gold watch." I nearly died because that is EXACTLY how I feel in my family. Like if the four of you spend 100$ on me as a family, great. But you expect me to spend 100$ on each of you. That's a 300$ difference and I have ONE income. It's not even the money, it's the principle.

No comments: