Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Relax.

I feel a little bit guilty for taking this morning off. I don't like taking days off. It's not in my nature to call in 'sick' for work when I'm not sick. I realized though that as a teacher, sometimes it is important to take mental health days. At about 2 yesterday afternoon I just hit a brick wall. I had zero patience, I was exhausted, felt like garbage. It's like in university I always got a cold for Christmas because I was pushing my body so incredibly hard for so long that the second I eased up, I was sick. I cannot afford to get sick right now. The next few weeks are going to be crazy. I need to start getting organized to move out etc.
The last few days other teachers have been taking a morning or afternoon or day off. We have interviews Thursday and Friday. Thursday will be the longest day ever because I teach all day then have FOURTEEN interviews from 4:30-8. I will be dead. This morning I am going to get a massage, get my eyebrows waxed and possibly get my nails done before I go to school this afternoon.
Sanity as a teacher is imperative. Relative sanity anyways, the more I think about it or speak with others about it, the more they say, "how do you do it? How do you spend 8 hours a day with 20 six year olds?" And some days I don't honestly know the answer.

No comments: