Monday, November 24, 2014

Anomaly.

He is just so incredibly thoughtful and endearing that I cannot put it into words. He is the epitome of an anomaly. He is a pretentious asshole. His new bathroom has a toilet that has a remote control, bidet, like everything. It's beautiful. The granite floors are GORGEOUS and the tiling in his bathroom is absolutely stunning. He told me it took forever to find the tile because nothing matched his floor and he ended up spending way more than he wanted to but it is actually so incredibly beautiful; definitely worth it. His new "laundry room" is a full bedroom-sized closet with his washer and dryer, shelves for his shoes, all his suits hung beautifully, an island with drawers for his 'casual' clothes and a counter for him (by him, I mean his cleaning lady) to fold his clothes. He specifically said, "I put the washer and dryer in here so I can get away with calling it a laundry room instead of a closet".
When I walked in, I was expecting him to just hand me the jersey and be like see yaa. When I walked in, he's like "DUKE! Look who it is?!" I started to play with Duke and J starts walking up the stairs but pauses and says "you can leave your boots on".  I was just playing with Duke and J was staring at me and I'm like are you waiting for me to follow you and he's like yes! Come upstairs!
 After he showed me his jerseys I'm like are you sure it's okay I take this one? He's like of course!
So we go downstairs and he's telling me all about his renovations. When we went upstairs, he says, "oh I forgot. Remember when you asked me to save wine corks for you? I have been." I find this incredibly endearing because he's a man and men are completely oblivious and I asked him like three months ago to save them for me.
I think the best part of J is that he genuinely cares about me. He lets me into his world. He lets me into his brain and he shows me a part of him that he doesn't show others. He was so incredibly proud when he was showing me his renovations. It was a genuine pride. It's so rare that people genuinely care about others but he does and he makes it so clear that he does. He is just such a good person.
I love that he is a pretentious asshole who chirps me with his wit and at the same time is genuinely concerned about my well-being as a person who offers a kindness that leaves me speechless. He is intelligent and educated both academically and in life experience. He makes me laugh.  He's ambitious and well-dressed and values people. And I value everything about him.

No comments: