Sunday, November 2, 2014

dead weight.

This is such a stuck up thing to say but sometimes I think about people I went to high school with that I thought were so cool and I wanted to be friends with them. I look at their Facebook and I honestly think to myself, "what was I thinking"? The other thing I think is, "I totally won". I think about what they are doing with their lives and for sure some of them are doing well and that's wonderful and sure they are married or have kids etc. But I actually think to myself like why was I such a bitch? Why did I want to be friends with these people who are literally doing nothing with their lives? They are still living in Red Deer. They have no degrees. They haven't travelled the world or done anything that I value. I just don't know how we were friends or why I wanted to be friends with these people. There is so much more I want from my life.
I deleted over 100 people from fb today and it felt so good. I'm not friends with them. I don't speak to them and I really don't care what they're doing in their lives so I don't need them having access to what's happening in mine.

No comments: