Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Be kind. #kindcampaign.

The other day a girl I work with was talking about how she was trying to gain weight. She's Israeli and she is so tiny. Like her entire body is like skinnier than my leg. I asked why she was trying to gain weight because she doesn't look anorexic, she just looks naturally skinny. And she said to me look at me, now look at you. You're a woman with these beautiful curves and I look like a little girl.
It really hit me just how much we all struggle with our own body image. It's sad really because I would never expect a girl like that to be concerned about her size you know? And I never think that ANYone ever thinks to themselves, "oh my gosh I wish I had that girl's curves" about me. I work really hard on my body. I mean of course, I could and probably should work harder but I'm trying to be more moderate about it because I do want to enjoy my life but I do feel like I need to be cautious about my size.
I like the gym because I feel good about myself when I go. And I think sometimes I look better to other people than I do in my own head. That's tough for me because when I put something on, I am looking at everything I hate about my body instead of being like damn, my _______ looks great.
We need to build a better world for body image. We need to build each other up and I know that I need to work on my own attitude with regards to that. I need to work on complimenting first and criticizing later. I need to be kind and be the type of woman that I look up to. So if you are reading this, you are beautiful. Whatever you hate about yourself, I love it! And, I'm probably jealous of something you hate about yourself. So remember you are beautiful. Be kind to others, but be kind to yourself too.

No comments: