Tuesday, October 15, 2013

We can't take it back now.

You know, a long time ago I tried to convince myself that one day it would be easier. One day it would be better. One day I would be able to not feel broken when he entered my mind. I tried to convince myself it was getting easier when I knew it wasn't. I tried to convince myself that one day I'd be okay.
I am okay. I'd be lying if I said he didn't cross my mind multiple times a day. Of course he does. He will always have a piece of me and he will always be a part of who I am now. I think that's just what six years of loving someone does to you.
I don't wish my love for him away, or for it to dwindle. I wish for it to change. I wish to love him like my best friend again and not my boyfriend/partner/lover. I wish to love him in a way that doesn't break my heart when I think of him and all that we've been through together.
I wish for him to find what makes him happy. To channel the person he is so he can grow to the person he has the potential to be. I wish for me to let him go and let him love and laugh and live.

No comments: