Friday, October 18, 2013

love is just love.

It's funny you know, reading through my blog some days. There's moments of these other boys and when I say moments I mean moments. There's a few posts about a boy that caught my eye for a day or two. And always it goes back to him. I can always write about him. I always have something to say.
I'm trying to make sense right now of how I feel about everything but I don't know how I feel. I'm sad. I'm not broken though and I'm not falling apart. I'm sure that day will come at some point, probably a few times. Right now, I'm just sad. I mean I miss the boy I used to love. I know that he's not the same person and that's what I'm coming to terms with right now. It's hard to come to terms with the things we know are good for us sometimes.
It's hard. Love is always hard. I don't believe in this "love can heal anything" or "love is enough" bologna. It's not. Love, alone is never enough. And the sooner you realize that, the sooner you can come to terms with it.
I am well aware of the fact that love is not enough. If it was, there would probably be a lot less divorces. Most divorces don't result from a lack of love but a lack of trust, commitment, understanding, compromise, etc. I think we are so blindsided by the idealized notion of love and what love is. Love isn't some here today gone tomorrow phenomenon. When you love someone, you love them. It is nothing more and nothing less.

No comments: