Sunday, September 16, 2012

I don't miss you.

Have you ever heard the song "I Still Miss You" by Keith Anderson? I really love that song and it used to evoke so much emotion in me that I was damn near tears. Today I heard it and for the first time, I felt nothing. It didn't hurt, it wasn't sad, it wasn't painful or heartbreaking or reminiscent. I was cold. I felt nothing, except exhausted. I am more exhausted than I have ever felt. I am so emotionally exhausted. For more than two years I have spent ever hour of every day worrying about someone else, putting someone else before me. And I just don't have anything left to give. I'm cold. I don't feel anything.
And I have to stop being this person before I become bitter. Before I stop believing in true love.
So for the first time in my life, I don't miss you.

No comments: