Tuesday, October 25, 2011

10+2.

So on Saturday, I wrote a letter to number twelve. And I know you're probably like wow lame. I mean I have a box full of letters for him beside my bed but this was a letter I actually sent. For the most part, the other letters are a whole lot more intense and I've been on the fence about actually sending this one because well I'm afraid. But it's not like a love letter, which is why I sent it. It doesn't talk about our romantic relationship, it talks about our friendship which is what I'm most worried about. I mean I love the kid, don't get me wrong. I probably always will. But I miss my best friend, which unless you've been that involved with someone who was your best friend before, you'll never ever understand why I miss him.
I mean most people don't understand it, but I want my husband to be my best friend. That's important to me. And I guess that I just needed him to know that I still think about him and I want him in my life even though we can't be together. I couldn't find stamps on Saturday at the place I went but yesterday I never looked and so today I just kind of got some stamps and put it in the mailbox before I could take it back, before I had time to overanalyze or regret it. And I don't. I guess we just see what happens next.

2 comments:

XOXO said...

I always write letters and never send them, so you're braver than I am.

Girl said...

There's a year's worth of them under my bed darling. This was merely a friendship letter.