Sunday, October 28, 2018

Power of a pen.

The thing that is so neat about this blog is to have the ability to look back and see how much I've grown as a person. For 10 years, I've been writing here. And really, I should write more. I should take the time for myself to share and to release and to free myself of the weights of this world and the stresses, big and little, that I carry each day.
It's pretty amazing really to look back at the person I was 10 years ago. What a transformation. The way I look at myself, the things I want out of life, the people I want to spend time with. The whole world is different. My whole world is different. 
When I was a little girl, I went through a lot of things. I saw and lived things that an 8, 10, 14 year old girl shouldn't live, or experience or worry about. And I remember my mom telling me one time, yes you have a lot of experience for someone your age, but there is a lot of life experience that you don't have. 
And I think that's just it. Most of the people in this world will never know the hardships I've endured in my life--- because I won't let them. And maybe that's arrogant because I don't want the world to see all the bumps and bruises and scars. Maybe it's brave to continue on after enduring such hardship. I don't know. 
I think as I get older the thing I find the most intriguing is just viewing all of that change and growth and the immense fortitude that I've been blessed with. 

No comments: