Tuesday, January 2, 2018

A night to remember

It’s such an incredible feeling when you realize why nothing worked out the way you hoped before. When you realize that the person you’re with is one you can build a life with-one you want to build a life with.
We were chatting tonight about the little things he does and how much they mean to me because I was explaining things he does that he doesn’t realize or even think about that most men don't do in general, let alone boys in our generation. We were talking about his friend that came to the hockey game with us and he made a comment that D walked through the door before I did. He never walks through the door before me. Not ever.
We were downtown and I was going to get in the passenger side of my vehicle but that was the side closest to the road with traffic... he walked around the vehicle with me and stood to make sure there was no traffic coming lest I get hit by a car.
Last night he knew I was irritated with the way the day went and he brought me flowers. Not because I was mad, but because he thought it would be a nice way to start a new year.
Tonight I thanked him for such a nice evening last night and day today and he thanked me in return, told me how lovely it was and said there’s no one he would’ve rather spent it with.
The way we treat one another, the way we speak to one another and look at one another and laugh at each other is all done with great respect for the other person. He did something tonight and I teased him a little saying he’s so thoughtful (he's been telling me since I met him that he has a heart of stone). He laughed and pokes back only thoughtful when it come to me.
I am so unabashedly in love with him.
I told him for the first time last night that I loved him. And he gazed so long at me and without skipping a beat says I love you too. I told him I didn’t want him to just say it. He shook his head at me as only we do and said you know I mean it. And I did. I do know he means it. It is the neatest thing in the world— to feel like this.

No comments: