Thursday, April 20, 2017

Poland.

Today he made me cry. In an entirely good way. I don't know why I was so emotional, I never am that emotional but I cried the entire way to school. Last night I asked if I'd see him this week. And he was rock climbing so he didn't answer for a few hours. I was annoyed even though I knew he was doing something. When we're together, neither of our phones are anywhere in sight. To be honest, it's really nice because the focus is entirely on each other and our time together. And I respect very much that he isn't on his phone around people and I've been making a serious effort in the last few months because I realized how rude it is to be with people and more concerned with your phone. And to a certain degree, for me, because I've always been far from my love interests physically, that's a big portion of my behaviour. That doesn't make it any less rude.
So last night he said, "I think so. Are you free Friday"? I was mostly teasing him but a part of me was being petty so I said, "don't sound so enthused" which is mostly funny because we've joked about that specific expression and the enthusiasm we show in texts before. There was more to our conversation than that but this morning he said, I'm sorry. I was sleeping last night and I haven't had a moment to respond to you but I wanted to ask if you were going to make me smile as well.
It sounds so silly and like such a line. Buthea honestly just nice. Every fibre of my being is terrified by his kindness, his chivalry, his intellect, his continued reassurance. I even told him so last week and he continues to be here stable, engaged, demonstrating he is exactly as he seems.
I keep waiting for the other show to drop but at some point I'm praying this time it won't.

No comments: