Thursday, May 12, 2016

Be who you needed when you were younger.

I honestly don't know where I'd be without D right now. He is the most loyal friend I have ever had. He makes a point to build me up every single day and I need that so much right now. Sometimes he does it in the most sarcastic, silliest ways but he always makes sure to make me laugh.
I was telling him how this parent told me I look tired and stressed and how I hate that because they are basically saying, you look like shit. And he was like, well even when you look like shit you are sexier than most women. I just laughed.
The next morning, he sees me down the hallway, kindly opens my door for my and then says, you look tired and stressed, you doing okay coach?
Just enough to be nice and open my door to throw out a comment he knew would make me smile.
He always thinks of little things. Of reminding me of my worth and that's nice.
I like to think I know my worth but the truth is, I forget it on a pretty regular basis. And that's really sad to me because I have a lot to offer the world, I know that. And yet, I don't feel that way. I see the negatives. The scariest part of that for me is when I see it in my students. I see incredible kids who do not see their value. I worry about kids who don't recognize anything they have to offer the world.
D is so confident. He is so sure of himself as a human. He's been through a lot but he gets up every morning, happy, brightening the days of everyone around him. I am so grateful to have someone who reminds me every single day what the most important part of my job is, why I do what I do.

No comments: