Saturday, February 6, 2016

His endearing heart.

He wanted to give his niece a crucifix. It's tradition in the Orthodox Church and he wanted to be the one to do it but he couldn't find one that he didn't hate. So instead, he bought her pearls. He asked if that was okay and what I thought. He wanted to give her something she wouldn't grow out of, something she could have forever which is why he struggle to find a crucifix he liked... He didn't want one for a baby. 
I told him I loved it. I love that he's thinking about her future. It's smart and kind and thoughtful. And it has so much more value. Years from now she will put on the pearls and think, wow, uncle J gave me these when I was a baby. It will have an unmatched sentimental value. 
He said to me, I went and saw G today and I love her but it really made me glad I don't have a child. I laughed and said, the best part is loving them and spending time with them and then in unison, we said giving them back. 

No comments: