Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Little things.

Today I opened the door for D's classroom and a girl in his class said to me, "you look so pretty today". I was speechless. I was wearing my glasses, my hair was in a messy bun, I had a blue scarf with mustard yellow pants and a black shirt. I didn't feel like I looked good today at all. We need more people like that in the world. In leadership, we talk about that all the time. And I wonder if that kind of thing can really make a difference. It's like we are afraid to sound creepy or overbearing when we compliment others. I asked my kids how many of them feel uncomfortable when someone compliments them, more than half raised their hands. That's a problem to me. We need to build a culture that encourages building each other up, little by little. 

No comments: